|So hard to take an "a la carte" picture lol! it's definitely a messy dish but it's definitely amazing tasting! Comfort food made vegan (or lean ;)), clean and easy!|
1. 1 medium sweet potato
2. 1/2 cup cooked TVP (textured vegetable protein) OR ground turkey for non vegs :)
3. 1/4 raw yellow onions - chopped
4. 1/3 container of sliced baby Bella mushrooms
5. 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
6. Oil free spaghetti sauce (I used organic mushroom spaghetti sauce from trader joes)
7. 2 - 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
8. Herbal seasoning to taste (I used 21 solute seasoning from trader joes)
9. Basil leaf - optional but I think it would add an amazing flavor if had it! Unfortunately I ran out!
10. Chili powder to taste-optional
1. Preheat over to 400F, pierce sweet potato few times with a fork / knife, bake for 35-45 mins.
2. Meanwhile you can soak your tvp for 5-10 mins
3. Heat up your pan. USE NO OIL. You can if you choose to but there is no need.
4. (Place turkey on the pan at this point if you choose the non-vegan option)Toss in onions and mushrooms, they have their own juices to cook in so you do not need to use oil. However if you are using turkey you might want to use a tiny amount of oil 1/2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of marinara sauce ad in garlic and basil at this point
6. Vegan option : Drain TVP and add in to the sauce
7. Let it simmer while u add the herbal seasoning and chili powder.
8. Slice sweet potato in half the. Serve sauce on it :)