Monday, January 14, 2013

Amazing Roasted Butternut Squash!

Okay so not going to lie, the first squash dish in the reset did not impress me. But I figured maybe it was because I didn't like acorn, so I decided to give it a second chance with a different recipe and a different type of squash. Butternut squash! The recipe says delicata but I guess it's not a winter squash? Anyways this is absolutely DELICIOUS! To die for !! I was eating it straight off the skin because that was how amazing it was! Definitely going to have this meal again post reset! So glad I decided to try everything in the reset :)


1 small delicata squash (may substitute any squash) - I used butternut
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. Himalayan salt
½ tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
Lemon or lime juice (to taste)
Herbal seasoning or other spice (to taste) - I used 21 solute seasoning from trader joes

Directions
Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out seeds and pulp; discard. Place squash in glass baking dish cut side down and add ¼-inch water. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until soft but not mushy. Remove from oven and season with remaining ingredients. Serves 1.


Nutrition
290 calories
14 g fat
2 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
820 mg sodium
45 g carbohydrate
6 g fiber
3 g protein
1,495 mg potassium

No comments:

Post a Comment