Thursday, January 17, 2013

Easy Protein French Toast!

I saw French toast on the my meal planner from Team Beachbody today! So I decided to make a vegan alternative to it! But no worries this doesn't have to be made vegan! Substitute the vegan protein powder for whey, use skim milk, add eggs if you wish!

French toast batter:
- 1/2 scoop of protein powder of your choice (vegan options : Vega One, RAW, Sun Warrior, I used Spiru-tein)
(Whey: try gold standard ON!) :)
- 4 pieces of whole grain / whole wheat or Ezekiel bread.
- 1 cup of almond milk (or skim if you want
- 1/2 tsb of ground cinnamon or to taste
- 1 tsb whole wheat flour


Topping (optional you can use whatever you choose):

- 2 tsb of honey (I used raw organic honey)
- 2 tsb maple syrup / agave (I used organic maple agave from Trader joes)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- pinch of nutmeg or more to taste

Directions:
1. Pre-heat over for 400degF, or heat up skillet with coconut oil.
2. Blend all the ingredients for the French toast batter (except for the bread ;))
3. Soak bread in batter
4. Bake / sear on skillet.
Baking takes about 4 mins each side.

Topping :
> if you use raw honey you may want to melt it on a skillet :) otherwise just mix, stir it up for a bit and enjoy!

Serving size : 2
Calories: 360 calories/serving (with the ingredients I used)
Vegan option protein : 13g




No comments:

Post a Comment