Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NOTHING feels as good as being CONFIDENT & COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN!


My first round of p90x results!
 

Here is my INITIAL 90 day result of P90X doubles =) : 155 LBS sz 9-11, L-XL top on the left and my weight continued on to fluctuate between 154-160 lbs throughout the Fall & Winter (for some reason I always get bigger during these months). Started in January 2012, made it half way through the first recovery week, lost about 3lbs because I ate everything in sight! I got sick and ended up falling off the wagon once again. It wasn't until I began to COMMIT 100% to P90X & Shakeology back in March that I started to see REAL changes. I graduated in June 2012, 138 LBS, sz 5-7, and sz Small top. I just can't believe how much this has changed my life. Not only it changed me physically but mentally as well. 



My "GOODBYE pics" on the left this was me at 160 lbs at my heaviest point.
I was browsing through photo albums etc and i realised that I used to absolutely HATE taking pictures, I hated when someone wanted to take a picture of me, I hated the cameras. Being near one meant another chance to look fat. The weight was more than numbers to me. It was a result of emotional eating & my own insecurity. I realized that I NEEDED to take responsibility toward MY OWN ACTIONS but never got up and did it until 2012. Well.. That person is NEVER coming back!

PRE-P90X (post-failed 4th attempt) VS post-insanity 


 April 2013 
 up next : Les Mills Combat + a little Body Beast here and there.. + the Ultimate Reset

People in NY used to say that I was never fat to begin with etc etc.. Ok so maybe I wasn't 500 lbs BUT I think most people forget that at the end of the day if someone is insecure about themselves it doesnt matter whether that person is 50 lbs overweight or 5 lbs overweight.  
I grew up with very little self esteem, as the "big-ugliest-one" out of three siblings in an abusive household.  In Asian culture, they have a very particular perception on how women are considered beautiful. Pale and model thin (ectomorphs).  I am none of those things! I've always been on the tanner side and mesomorph body type. So I was always considered "big" and at one point I was told that I am black (as an insult)? I will skip all the emotionally gory stories regarding the extent of physical/sexual/emotional abuse that I have had to endure and go straight to how i got to this point. 

So unfortunately in 2010... there was an event that triggered a demeaning abuse episode in my life that happened in the past.  I must have blocked it out because I did not remember it until that point.  Long story short as if the stress of my parents leaving the country, going to college full time, living in some crappy apartment in an area with daily gunshots, being chronically sick, 3 crappy jobs and a taco bell diet was not enough, now this happened. I literally wanted to kill myself by later that year.  Pulled all my hair out. I was depressed, I had a fully devised plan and goodbye plans. Scary to think of it now.  I felt as if my world was literally falling a part in front of me.

I did recover however I got help etc.. but things were never the same. I became even more pessimistic, negative and angry at the world.
I'm glad that those who loved and cared for me reminded me that life is still worth it...  things eventually turned around for me.

April 2011 - Accepted into nursing school
January 2012- a Revelation that I can still take back control of the one thing I CAN change. my body. 
March 2012 - P90X and Beachbody 
April 2012- became a Beachbody coach. BEST DECISION EVER.
June 2012 - Insanity
August 2012 - Insanity/P90x hybrid
November 2012 - TF/BBL
December 2012- perhaps the best month so far. Ultimate Reset. & I became a vegan.

The journey was NOT AT ALL easy....especially with my health issues... I have to be honest I did not figure out what I did wrong until December 2012! PATIENCE is a virtue... NOTHING GOOD COMES EASY. I believe that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of HOW YOU REACT TO IT.  Fitness is MORE than just a physical journey it is also a mental and spiritual journey. However, I am nowhere near done yet :) and I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU AS A PART OF IT and I would sure LOVE TO BE A PART OF YOURS! <3 

Jaclyn Arrijani Tjipto
www.facebook.com/jacky.arrijani
coachjackya@yahoo.com
  


 



2 comments:

  1. Hiya! I'm going thru and checkin' in with some of my new Instagram friends and found your blog :) Nice place you have here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! :) do you facebook by any chance?? Add me up at facebook.com/jacky.arrijani lets stay in touch! :)

      Delete